We’re excited to get back to normal, but there are still some things that need to be in place before we can host in-store gaming again. In no particular order:
- CT Department of Health needs to provide guidelines for in-door entertainment venues (this actually happened April 21. I am reviewing)
- Wizards of the Coast and the Pokemon Company need clear Official Play for shops.
- My employees need to be fully vaccinated.
- Product needs to be available (Pokemon, Flesh & Blood TCG, Digimon TCG, etc)
At this time, I expect to host some events starting in June; however, as of now, there is no set date and it is subject to change. I’ll do my best to keep you informed.
Though more details still need to be worked out, here is what I know:
- We will start slowly. Events only Fri-Sat-Sun at first. Then adding some weeknights later during the summer.
- Store credit can not be used to pay for event fees.
- Masks will be required.
- Food and drinks will not be allowed due to wearing masks.
- Events will have an attendance capacity (maximum number of participants), so online preregistration will be mandatory (no walk-in sign-ups – sorry).
I know these restrictions may take away some of the fun, but they are temporary and will be eased over time. Some more quickly than others. Soon, I hope, we will return to the level of comfort you have enjoyed in the past at Battlegrounds Gaming.
We would not have been able to weather COVID shutdowns without your support. Thank you. We are looking forward to seeing you play here again soon.
In the meantime, you can always come in to pick up something to keep you busy and entertained. As always, follow our social media (links below) for further announcements and updates.