I know a lot of you are excited to return to Battlegrounds Gaming for events, and campaigns, and tournaments, and games! I am too! I miss the people and I miss seeing you have a great time here. I assure you that I plan to resume in-store events when it is feasible.
The reopening of the State of Connecticut should reach Phase 3 “around mid-July.” Rules are coming soon from the Governor and I’m keeping an eye out for them. You’ll be notified shortly after I have that information.
I want to say “Thank You!” to those of you who bought from Battlegrounds Gaming in the last 97 days. Thank you very much for your support. July 2020 marks our 9th anniversary and we’re going to make it to our 10th year because of you. Thank you for understanding how important it is to support small businesses.
So hang in there for just a few more weeks! Knocks wood. Be safe when enjoying the July 4th holiday next weekend.
Fill out our email signup form on the home page (below the event calendar) to be notified when our in-store events return!
Or follow our Facebook page!
Battlegrounds Gaming is happy to announce we will reopen to the public May 20 as part of the state’s reopening plan. You should know we will be following state and local authorities on what is allowed. Policies may change without notice. Here’s what we expect:
- No events in the store. Sorry, no DnD, no Magic, no board games, no 40K, etc. until further notice. No, I do not know when these will return. Follow our social media to stay up to date. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Customers must wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose.
- Use sanitizing wipes when you enter – there will be a container on the gondola straight ahead as you enter.
- Bathrooms are closed
- Limit of 5 customers in the store – you may have to wait outside the door until someone leaves. The ramp is marked with white circles six feet apart.
- We’d love to catch up with you, but please keep the “hanging out” to a minimum. There may be other people waiting to get in to spend some money. Thanks for understanding.
- Curbside pickup is still available. Place orders online and call the store when you get here. Please understand it may be difficult for us to leave while customers in the store.
- New store hours:
M-F: noon – 8pm
Sa-Su: 11am-6pm (unchanged)
Thanks for supporting our little game store! I hope to bring back events soon. Stay tuned.
Battlegrounds Gaming offers curbside pickup for orders placed online.
I’m here Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 2pm to 6pm. Just call the store when you get here and I’ll bring your purchase to you.
I’ll also take appointments for other times. Best way to set an appointment is to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for the support!
Battlegrounds Gaming has been closed since March 23, 2020. I’m currently working on adding my inventory to a web-site so customers can place orders and pick up items.
The basic website level offered my point-of-sale system allows only 250 items. I’ve requested a quote for the next level which allows for 5,000 items.
Some notes for what I’m doing to get products listed:
1. Pictures will be missing until I can get them added. Obviously, customers need to know what products look like before purchasing. Items such as play mats, miniatures, card sleeves, deck boxes, paint colors, etc. It’s going to be a while before I can add that to thousands of items.
2. Single cards for Magic the Gathering can still be ordered at http://battlegroundsct.ionsuite.com. Still no payment/shipping on that platform. I’m working on how payment will work with curb-side pickup.
3. Product description and details will be missing. Same issue as pictures. Size, shape, weight are all dimensions needed for shipping. I won’t be doing that for thousands of items, so for the most part shipping won’t be offered. I will do it on specific orders by request only.
4, Curb-side pick up will be offered on specific days AND by appointment. I’m still working on a schedule.
This isn’t the type of business I wanted to run when I opened the store. I prefer meeting all you great people face to face and the social interaction.
Thank you so much for your support and your continued efforts to support Battlegrounds Gaming during this crisis. Thank you also for your patience while I get this new service working.
The website is https://battlegrounds-gaming.shoplightspeed.com/. You’ll see only a few items. I’m testing to see how products appear there.
Governor Lamont announced the closing of all non-essential retail businesses as of Monday, March 23 at 8pm. Battlegrounds gaming will be open regular hours this weekend 11am-6pm and Mon 11am-7pm.
After that, we’ll be closed until further notice.
Thanks for the support! Stay healthy.